9 March 2013 – Magheramore, Co Wicklow
Give more this Mother’s Day
In America the average amount spent per mother is $126.90*. Most of this will be spent on flowers or lunch. However this wasn’t always the case. In times gone by domestic servants were given the Sunday in the middle of lent to visit their “Mother Church” after which they would spend the day with their families. In recent times the practice lapsed but was revived following the Second World War and has spread far and wide largely due to the growth in the commercial value of the festival. This one day retreat has been designed with returning to an old style mothers day where spending time was more important than the money because “No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life” Anonymous.
This day is an opportunity to spend some quality time with your mother, son or daughter. Don’t look back in years to come and find yourself saying ‘I wish we’d spent more time together’; Life is short, make every moment is special!
• Yoga/Meditation – Liz will be teaching some basic yoga asanas that you can practice at home and show you ways you can practice together, which is always more fun! This will be mixed with relaxation and mediation techniques
• Practice simple & effective Shiatsu Massage. Who needs expensive health spa!
• Energy healing & Dowsing – learn to harness your own life force energy with simple downing and aura cleansing techniques,
• Conscious Cooking Lesson—learn simple, easy vegetarian recipes
- Wakame (Seaweed) and caramelized onion quiche- to strengthen the kidneys and prevent osteoporosis
- Blood boosting beetroot relish – reducing cholesterol and improving blood quality
- Leek & Dillisk (seaweed) salad – improving large intestine function
- Special Lettuce Salad – especially for detox and the liver
- Dairy free Power Bars – healthy source of energy for those with a sweet tooth on the go
Even though the activities of Yoga, Cooking, Dowsing and Massage have been designed with mothers and daughters/sons in mind there is nothing to stop this being a special gift to yourself. So forget the flowers and carvery lunch rather spend quality time developing a deep connection and enjoy some fun together. Meet likeminded people and learn new skills that you can take home and use in everyday life.
Cost €75 includes all lunch, dinner, instruction and your very own dowse to take home. Runs 10am – 7 pm
For more information and to book a place contact;
Joanne Faulkner specializes in the energy of food in Traditional Chinese Medicine runs a Shiatsu Practice, Cookery Classes and caters holistic events and workshops. www.joannefaulkner.org 086 607 0432 email@example.com
Liz Kavanagh practices an Iyengar Yoga teacher and spiritual healer. She teaches yoga to men, women, teenagers and children. She is a Reiki Master and Dream interpreter. Facebook: SoulArtYoga 087 931 4914 firstname.lastname@example.org