A Restorative Retreat focusing on a Healthy Heart
29, 30 & 31st May Bobbio Centre, Magheramore, Co Wicklow
In our lives we come across so many forms of anxiety and stress that cause problems for the heart, which are often ignored or only treated by medication. This weekend aims to care for the heart in a holistic way, using knowledge from the kitchen table, yoga mat, ancient Chinese medicine and the power of the mind to help reduce our reaction to stress, alleviate anxiety and high blood pressure, lower cholesterol, insomnia, and muscle tension and return you home to a sense of joy in your life.
5.00 Check In – you are welcome to come down before check in, have a cuppa and take a walk in the stunning grounds or to the secluded beach
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Blood nourishing Beetroot Relish
- Homebaked fresh Scones with Dulse and Wakame Seaweed. Seaweeds are an underused Irish resource great for softening hard masses in the body, reducing swelling, detoxifying, benefiting thyroid, building blood and removing residues of radiation in the body. They are packed full of essential minerals often missing from our diet.
- Traditional Farmhouse soda with oats, wheat and gluten free loaf with sunflower seeds and banana bread for something sweet
- Introduce the group – set the intention and heart gifts to altar
- Simple Self Shiatsu and Acupressure points to showing points to build blood, build a healthy functioning heart, relieve stress and build a sense of peace within the body
- Introduction to Loving Kindness Meditation Practice and Mantra
8.30 Heart Yoga with Uta Kaiser
- Baked Fruit Porridge with dark mixed berries. Oats are a warming tonic forthe Qi. They strengthen the Spleen and benefit the nervous system and bones thereby supporting kidney function
- Selection of Breads all of which are baked fresh daily by the Art of Conscious Cooking including Spelt and pumpkin seed, Wheat/gluten free with Sunflower seeds and banana bread.
- Fresh fruit, Yogurt and Honey, Seeds and raisins
- Condiments of Butter, Margarine, Marmalade, Jam, Honey, Marmite
11.00 Conscious Cooking Class with Jo – How to build the shen in the body – calming the nervous body and anxious mind
- African Coconut Curry. This curry is very grounding and supportive in its sweet flavour whilst the coconut nourishes the heart
- Traditional Spelt loaf: Wheat is a brilliant grain for calming the heart but for those with a weakened condition usually do better with grains such as spelt or oats – if you’ve never made bread before this is the perfect loaf to start with
- Pea, Mint and Roast Garlic Soup: reducing overheating in the body whilst the garlic specifically will reduces blood cholesterol
- Oven dried tomatoes and Roasted Garlic: full of bioflavanols which repair the blood vessels and detoxify the body
- Natural Herbal Sedative
- Spicy apple and Chinese leaf salad. Providing an abundant source of insoluble and soluble dietry fibre to reduce cholesterol
- Date, Chocolate and Orange Tart. This no flour tart is a healthy option when your body is saying “chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
- Mild African Coconut Curry served with brown rice and spicy apple salad
- Date, Chocolate and Orange Tart served with baked peaches. Yours to eat now or wrap for your walk
Free time for optional body work with Uta Kaiser, napping, reading, walks in the grounds or a swim at the beach
- Pea, Mint and Garlic Soup
- Spelt bread with sundried tomato
- Special Lettuce Salad. Lettuce builds the Shen in the body which calms the spirit and reduces anxiety
7.30-9.30 Evening meditation and Personal Visioning Activity
- Using the question – What does the fulfilment of love look like in my life? We will use this time to reflect, meditate and create vision boards, using them as a way to express ourselves and how we want to be in the world.
- We will hold silence during the activities and meet together to close the circle with Loving Kindness Meditation and a Heart song
9.30 Body wake up with Shiatsu Stretches
- Porridge served with optional seeds and raisins
- Cereals & Muesli
- Fresh fruit, Yogurt and Honey
- Selection of Breads all of which are baked fresh daily by the Hunky Chunk including Spelt and pumpkin seed, Farmhouse brown soda and banana bread, yogurt bread with cheese and nuts
- Fair-trade Orange and Apple Juice
11.00 Conscious Cooking Class with Jo – Looking at the relationship between healthy liver and healthy heart
- Herb Tart
- 5 Green Pesto
- Broccoli, green bean and sweet sesame salad: sesame seeds are a tonic for the body and the mix in this recipe will build our essence which can become depleted through over stimulation
12.30 Tea break
1.00 Walking Meditation
1.30 Main Meal
- Herb Tart with 5 green pesto
- Broccoli, green bean and sweet sesame salad
- Baked summer fruit crumble: The seeds within the crumble together with the slightly sour fruit support the liver and cleanse the blood easing pressure on the heart. The use of cinnamon and very little sugar in this dessert also aids in reducing blood pressure.
3.00 Closing Ceremony
Cost: €275, There are a number of single rooms which will be allocated on a first come first served basis. This workshop is for 12/13 participants max.
Price includes all food, accommodation & tuition. Bodywork with Uta is an optional extra
For more info and a booking form contact: Joanne Faulkner who specializes in the energy of food in Traditional Chinese Medicine runs a Shiatsu Practice, Cookery Classes and caters holistic events and workshops. 086 607 0432 email@example.com
You may pay for the whole workshop now using the donate button below however if you only wish to pay the €75 non refundable deposit which secures your place then enter that figure when asked by the paypal instructions.