Cooking and Eating for the & Liver and Gall Bladder
Saturday 15th March 2014
Hi hi – spring is springing – sap is rising and light is beginning to pour in – much as I love the dark nights with a cozy fire and the practice of being in the flow of the winter water element, I’m always very glad when we turn the corner of Imbolc and the daffodils poke out their heads showing the irrepressible energy of creation. As I cycle around my village theres alot of skips about – time for a clear out so if you’d like to do that body and mind as well as bathroom and shed, come on down to cook for the Liver & Gall bladder.
Spring is the time of new beginnings and growth. Nothing stops the new green shoots, they are powerful and flexible. This is the life force in our bodies governed by the Liver and Gall Bladder. It is powerful energy for effective action, enabling the unfolding of our life’s purpose. However in our overactive society the Liver/Gall Bladder can become overheated or blocked causing frustration and anger, pain and stagnation. Detox happens in the spring to encourage and support the Liver to regenerate and cleanse. In this workshop we will learn easy to cook recipes specifically to improve natural flow and flexibility for these meridians.
On the menu is:
- Spring Green Soup incl watercress, nettles and kale (wake up the body with this tangy soup full of chlorophyll essential for cell function)
- Mediterranean Caponata (packed full of vegetables and olives to clear the blood)
- Warm Crispy Kale, Blue Cheese and Barley Salad with an Umeboshi plum dressing (to improve healthy calcium levels in the body)
- 5 Greens Pesto (easy to eat these raw greens)
- Demonstration on how to Sprout
- Mung Bean and Alfalfa sprout salad (full of liver enzymes to turn stagnant food into energy)
- Plum Fool with Fennel and Ginger
- Buttermilk Cake (a sweet treat with a sour tang)
- Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (detox that liver)
The day runs from 11am until 4pm in Emmaus Retreat Centre, Swords, North Dublin and costs €65. This includes all food cooked and eaten on the day. Bring tupperware for extras 🙂
Call 870 0050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or if you would like more info email me here or call 086 607 0432