2, 3, 4th June 2017
Bobbio Centre, Co Wicklow
- Conscious Cooking Classes focusing on recipes for a healthy heart, lowering blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars
- Amazing Vegetarian Meals
- Tai Chi & Chi Gong sessions focusing on calming the mind bringing peace and satisfaction to the body
- Loving Kindness Meditation & Mantra
- Time to rest and walk in the stunning grounds and secluded beach in North Wicklow
The heart in Chinese represents vibrant summer energy within our body. It is where our consciousness, our soul dwells. When the hearts energy is clear it radiates joy and brilliance. When out of balance it can lead to palpations, insomnia, dizziness, racing pulse and anxiety. Emotionally the heart enhances our ability to feel connected and to receive love from the world around us.
In a simple weekend, understand the clear connection between our emotions, the food we choose and how that directly affects our health
Learning easy to cook recipes and practicing Tai Chi are great ways to nourish & cleanse the organs, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugars, helping the body reconnect with the Heart’s Desires with clean, flowing, vibrant, blood.
Cost €295, single rooms allocated first come first served basis
Deposit €95 14 participants max (optional extra Sunday&Monday €75)
Price includes all food, accommodation & tuition.
Author of “Shiatsu & the Art of Conscious Cooking” she operates a Shiatsu Clinic in Dublin. She also runs Chinese Medicine cookery classes, health retreats, and caters holistic events. Call her to book your space on this unique retreat : 086 607 0432 http://www.joannefaulkner.org
Fatima Lucia has 17 years experience in various styles of Tai Chi and Qigong and is a fully qualified instructor through the Chinese International Tai Chi and Qigong Association. Her life long studies include many different forms of body awareness disciplines as well as Flamenco dance, which she has performed and taught for over 20 yrs.
Course Schedule 2, 3 & 4 June 2017
5.00 Check In – you are welcome to come down before check in, have a cuppa and take a walk in the stunning grounds or to the secluded beach
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Healthy Crunchy Coleslaw
- Wholegrain Spelt and Seaweed bread
7.00 Welcome Session
- Introduce the group
- Where is love in your life
- What would your life look like with more love in it
- What are you grateful for
- Set your intention & gifts to altar
- Quality of touch and connection including simple self shiatsu acupressure points,
- Tai Chi and Chi Gong Exercises to build a sense of peace, love and calm within the body
- Introduction to Mantra
- Baked Fruit Porridge with dark mixed berries. Oats are a warming tonic for the Qi. They strengthen the Spleen and benefit the nervous system and bones thereby supporting kidney function
- Selection of Breads all of which are baked fresh daily by the Art of Conscious Cooking including Spelt and pumpkin seed, Wheat/gluten free with Sunflower seeds and banana bread.
- Fresh fruit, Yogurt and Honey, Seeds and raisins
10.00 Tai Chi Session with Fatima
Through the practice of Tai Chi and Qigong we cultivate our awareness, sensitivity and balance, which transforms the way we move, stand and interact in all aspects of our life. As we develop and refine these, we can create a state of aliveness – physically, energetically and spiritually.
As you begin to understand Tai Chi, the differences between various forms and movements become merely external. The principles remain the same. Understand this and everything you do becomes Tai Chi. In this way Tai Chi can begin to have a profound effect on every aspect of life.
- Pea Mint and Roasted Garlic Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Salad
- Oat Bran Soda Bread
Free time for napping, reading, walks in the grounds or a swim at the beach
5.00 Conscious Cooking Class with Jo –
Using principles of Chinese Medicine we will discuss specific foods and preparations which help with building blood, detoxing blood and improving blood flow. We will learn recipes for the following dishes
- Herb Tart
- Sweet Potato Falafel
- Arame & Carrot Salad
- Warm Baked Aubergine with Yogurt and Cumin
- Selection of Raw Chocolates including Cherry Bombs, Chia Seed Chocolate Balls, Squidgy Caramel Date Orbs
8-9.30 Evening Chi Gong Session with Fatima
Qigong as a concept implies the union of three components:
- Body (proper posture and movement)
- Breath (proper breathing techniques)
- Mind (concentration, meditation and intention)
By combining these 3 dimensions through our Qigong practice we align our body, mind and spirit. From this place of alignment, as our whole being focuses on movement, thought and breath combined, the power of our intention is hugely enhanced. Over time, a thorough Qigong practice can provide profound changes to your entire body-mind composition, returning you to the driver seat of your life and health, ending a cycle of reaction and entering a cycle of creation
Closing the circle with Loving Kindness Meditation and a Heart song with Jo
10.00 Tai Chi with Fatima
11.30 Walking Meditation
12.00 Conscious Cooking Class with Jo
- Shaved Fennel Salad
- Watermelon & Feta Salad
- Pea, Fennel & Herb Rissoto
- Wheat & Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie with Raspberry Coulis
1.30 Main Meal
3.00 Closing Ceremony
As this is a bank holiday weekend, there is an option to stay an extra night for €75 which will include accommodation plus evening meal, optional body awareness, meditation and mantra evening session and delicious hearty breakfast the following morning.